Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Way Over Its Prime

I am referring to the laptop that I am using. It's model is HP pavilion dv1000. Bought it 4-5years back and the first user was my father.

This is actually a very nice laptop to begin with. It has great graphic resolution and super elegant cover. During its time, it can be considered a computer envied by others. But as time passes, new development came. Therefore, even such a great computer struggle to survive.

The computer is still running on Pentium M 1.70 GHz with 256MB RAM with the internal fan malfunctioning. (Please note, new computer are now running with dual Core and Core2due minimum with a minimum of 1GB RAM). Whoa, that makes this computer sound really way down the line.

I am glad that it is still functioning. Not knowing when it will fail. But having that amount of lifespan and that battery can still stand more than 2 hours gives me a satisfying feeling. It feels like accomplishment of a milestone.

But my patience is now running low. The unavailability to cope with latest software is limiting the function of this computer. The amount of things I have done with it for the previous two years have really been hurting it. Running over 10 hours a day and running software it barely able to support. The sound produced by the processor really is scarier as time pass. And to me, I have to be so very patient for it to function.

OMG!!!!!! What am I trying to type here!!!!!!! Sigh…. I just want to say “I need a NEW Computer”.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u got A for u essay...XD
Just ask ur daddy to buy a new one for u lor......or u buy urself...XP